Saturday, June 1, 2013

A pow-pow-powerful good-good feeling from cheer-cheer-Cheerios



There was lots of hoop-de-do this week about a Cheerios commercial featuring a bi-racial family – a Caucasian mommy, African-American daddy and their daughter.

General Mills, maker of Cheerios, placed the commercial on youtube, but had to disable the “comment” function after some racist assholes people used it as a forum for spewing vitriol. General Mills, to its credit, says it will "absolutely" continue to run the spot.

There's more I could say but I've gotta go. I'm headed to the supermarket to buy some Cheerios. They’re good for your heart, you know.

Too bad some people don’t have one. 


I found myself singing a song from a vintage Cheerios commercial when I went to write a headline for this post. So I looked it up on youtube. Here is it. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment