Saturday, November 8, 2014

Why you shouldn't argue about politics on Facebook



I found my wife facedown on the breakfast table, her shoulders heaving. Her laptop was on the table next to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, fearing she had just learned some dreadful news.

"Read this," she said, raising her head and pointing to a Facebook posting from a political message board she follows. At that point I was relieved to realize she was convulsed with laughter.

This is an actual post, cloned directly from Facebook. Only the participant names are changed. In case you're unfamiliar with Florida politics, you need to know that we just finished a nasty gubernatorial election between former governor Charlie Crist and the current incumbent, Rick Scott, who was re-elected in a close race during which Crist ran TV ads calling Scott a criminal.

Enjoy!

  • Debra Evans Lange   I am glad you said you respect our President even though you don't agree. There are so many right wingers who show no respect and have been downright disgusting in how they talk about him and how they portrait (sic) him. If for nothing else, they should respect the office he holds. That the Majority of Americans elected him TWICE...not once but TWICE!
    13 hrs · Like · 3

  • Susan Fortis  Well I'm in Florida where a criminal was elected governor TWICE and the attorney general is a flaming hypocrite!!!
    13 hrs · Like · 2

  • Mark Abrams  Crist is just an ass kisser!! lol.
    13 hrs · Like · 13 hrs ·

  •  Marjorie Lowe Maness  Oh my, this is crazy. Obama may be president but JESUS is the King of Kings & holds the universe in His hands. My faith & trust is in Him. Sad how so many put a man in office above Jesus. And yes, I know I don't have to read this stuff & all that.
    12 hrs · Like

  •  Tom Marshall I think Mark said CRIST, not CHRIST
  •    13 hrs · Like ·     76
       

No comments:

Post a Comment