Sunday, February 26, 2017

Oscar acceptance speech

© Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences

Oh my God, thank you so much! You like me, you really do! There are so many people I want to mention. (Writer name), from the first page, I knew you had written the perfect script. (Director name), I can’t believe you gave me the honor of bringing (character name) to life. My co-stars, (actor name and actor name) – this belongs as much to you as it does to me. My beloved (partner), as valuable as this statue is, you know that waking up next to you every morning is the one prize I value most. 

The only possible thing that would make me happier tonight is if that insane orange orangutan fascist in the White House were to be strung up from the top of the Washington Monument and left to rot -- not just him but all the lying thieves in his cabinet and all the ignorant racist white trash who voted for him. Every time I turn on the TV and see his fat face that’s swollen with the festering puss of misogyny, xenophobia, pedophilia and homophobia, I want to puke. He's not even legitimate, he didn't win the popular vote. All of you watching at home know he is nothing but Putin’s puppet and that if he got his way and all the foreigners, gays and transgenders were exterminated, there wouldn’t be anyone left in this town to create the movies that encourage, uplift, inspire and remind us of our humanity.

I hope all of you who share my fear that the America in which our children are growing up makes Nazi Germany look like Mr. Rogers' neighborhood will remember that, and will never, ever forget the most important thing of all -- that love trumps hate. 

Thank you all so much. I love you!

1 comment: