Tuesday, July 12, 2016

How to lose 6 lbs. in 6 days


Want to lose six pounds in six days without dieting or exercising?

Do as my wife and I did – go on the Salmonella Diet. Yesterday was the first day since last Tuesday we’ve felt vaguely normal thanks to carryout chicken salad we ate for dinner that night. Chicken, mayo and a careless cook proved to be a near-lethal combination for us. Though all of the symptoms have pretty much subsided, I'm still feeling like, well, you know.

I never want to see, smell or taste chicken salad again. Heck, I may never even eat chicken again. The clip below, one of my favorite movie scenes from Five Easy Pieces, expresses my sentiments perfectly.

Eat safe. Be well.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, Better not publish this on Facebook. I lost 130 pounds in one day with a little help from Judge Horner. It's called the cheaters diet. Sorry you had to deal with it. Two years ago when I was traveling to Santa Fe for the bike ride we ate at Chipotle on the way out. I had the shits for a week while riding my bike home. Was not fun and there are just not many places to take a crap along the roads of New Mexico. No crops and very few buildings. Under bridges, once I was in the process under a bridge and an Amtrak train went by. Might as well moon a whole trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "chicken salad scene" in "Five Easy Pieces" is one of the most memorable movie scenes of all time. Almost up there with the "I'll have what she's having" in "When Harry Met Sally"...

    ReplyDelete