Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy



Updated Nov 7, 2011

I've now voted in 11 presidential elections. 

Of the 10 previous elections in which I participated, I voted for the winner a whopping three times.

Two of the winners I voted for made me proud. One turned out to be a Bozo.

My first presidential vote, which I cast in my hometown of Auxvasse, Mo., in 1972 at age 21, was for George McGovern. Mine was one of (if I remember correctly) three votes the good people of Auxvasse gave him. Everyone else voted for Tricky Dick and we all know how that turned out.

It’d be nice to find out tonight or tomorrow or whenever the final tally is certified that, this time, I voted for the winner.

But, given my track record, I probably didn’t.

Hope your guy wins. Unless he’s you-know-who.

No comments:

Post a Comment