Sunday, March 2, 2014

There goes the neighborhood



My wife and I recently purchased a new house. OK, it's not actually new. It was built in 1993. And we don't own it yet. We take possession in late May.

Whatever, I ran into the current owner while I was riding my bike the other day. I stopped to chat and he introduced me to a woman who was walking by. He said she'll be our new neighbor.

She didn't seem very friendly, frankly. In fact, she looked me over, top to bottom, then rushed off as if she couldn't wait to get away.

I told my wife about it when I got home, and she pointed out what I had forgotten: I was wearing a t-shirt my son gave me several years ago, a shirt he bought because he thinks it's funny I am constantly emailing him photos of our dachshunds.

It says, "I put pictures of my weiner on the Internet."

We really should ask her over for a drink once we move in.

I wonder if she'll come?


No comments:

Post a Comment