Monday, February 20, 2017

Bargain to the Maxx


TD: So what’s in the TJ Maxx bag?

JD: You know I love the Movado watch you gave me for our anniversary. I wear it all the time. Don’t be insulted but … I bought another one. (Opens box to reveal it.)

TD: Nice!

JD: This one’s completely different. It’s gold. The one you gave me is stainless steel. Do you like it?

TD: Sure, it’s great. Why would I get mad?

JD: Well, see the price on the box?

TD: Five hundred fifty dollars. Wow.

JD: OK, that’s the retail price. Look at this tag with TJ’s price: $229.99.

TD: Almost half off. Good for you.

JD: But, it was clearance priced. Just $189.

TD: Another $40 off. Not bad!

JD: I’m just getting started. Today was Senior Day – ten percent off everything in the store for people 55 and older. That saved another $18.90.

TD: So now we’re down to, what, $170 or so?

JD: Yeah, but they added sales tax so as you can see here on the receipt -- a total of $180.31.

TD: Not too shabby!

JD: I had a $100 gift card from my birthday, so that made it $80.

TD: Damn, that’s impressive!

JD: Plus, my account had a $26.49 credit from something I returned a year ago.

TD: OK, you’re at, like, $54 here. 

JD: Plus, for every $200 I spend, I get a $10 credit certificate and I had five of those I was worried were gonna expire so I applied them. Look at this (indicating amount on receipt). A $550 Movado watch for a grand total of $3.82. People around me at checkout were applauding. The cashier said I win the prize for the bargain of the week.

TD: I’ll admit it, that’s pretty good.

JD: Yeah. You’re sure you’re not upset? I really do love the one you got me.

TD: No problem. I didn’t know you needed another watch.

JD: I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment