Monday, February 13, 2017

Buy buy Miss American pie


Pizza Hut employee: That will be $16.89.

TD: There’s a poster in the window that says, “Any pizza, any size, any crust, any toppings for $10.” I ordered a large thin crust pepperoni. So why is it $16.89?

Pizza Hut employee: Because you have to ask if you want the $10 price.

TD: I was about to pick up something for dinner at the supermarket next door but saw your sign so I came here instead. Why would I have to ask when you’re advertising for people to come in and order it?  

Pizza Hut employee: I dunno, but the manager said we have to charge full price unless you specifically ask for it.

TD: It doesn't say that on the poster.

Pizza Hut employee: I know. 

TD: Well cancel my order, I don't want it any more.

Pizza Hut employee: Okay.

TD: Is it cancelled? 

Pizza Hut employee: Yes.

TD: I want a large pizza, thin crust with pepperoni, for $10.

Pizza Hut employee (entering order into register):  That comes to $10.60 with tax.

TD (handing over the money): Here you go.

Pizza Hut employee (handing back change): It’ll be ready in 10 minutes.  

1 comment:

  1. You could have been asking for toast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIXrF34Bz0

    ReplyDelete