Saturday, July 14, 2012

A wake-up call from Callista Gingrich



We're snoozing happily Saturday morning when the phone rings.

Hello," an automated voice announces. "I'm Callista Gingrich."

Callista, wife of failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, is calling to hawk a new movie she produced, based on Newt's 2007 book, "Rediscovering God in America." I listen a minute or so before I hang up.

Two words for the Gingriches: Bite me.

If you two are so righteous, why did you allow your campaign to place robocalls to Jewish Florida voters claiming Romney, as governor of Massachusetts, purposely denied kosher food to Holocaust survivors in nursing homes? Think God approved of that?

How come you enlisted Newt's offspring from marriage #1 to attack his wife from marriage #2 who, just before the South Carolina primary, went on TV to claim wife #3 was a home wrecker? Jesus wept.

I'm not perfect either but then, I don't go around running for president, purporting to know what God wants for America.

Newt, you're way, way, past your due date. The voters have spoken and rejected you soundly. Callista, lay off the hair spray and peroxide and, for God's sake, don't call me bright and early on Saturdays ever again.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. if you get a similar call and hit O for operator, you can speak to a live person. Woken from needed sleep after a two week visit from 6 family members I asked to be removed from their list. Despite being sluggish from sleep I still managed to retort that I was *not* a Conservative and that I had no respect for Calista or her husband. Fully awake you can surely do a better
    job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that I could think of listening to the spiel was, "You are an adulteress. You had an affair with a married man and you're wife no. ?? to this guy - and you're telling me you know about God. Doubt it." I tried very hard to stay on until the end, hoping I could verbally abuse someone, but couldn't stomach it. Had to hang up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same reaction as Anonymous. I waited to tell a live person that I am NOT a conservative, but I never got the chance.

      Delete